Very nice![]()

In the country we don't really see our neighbors too often...actually part of the reason I moved here....
But we got up to 60 degrees today, and I decided to see if I could make it to a real small town (as in 7 farmers, 3 chickens, and a cow) that's up the road a couple miles...figgered it to be a decent walk for an semi-oldster like me....
Any way, a neighbor working in his yard waved, and we actually stopped to talk....I mentioned being originally from the area but had been in the city for about 30-40 years...
We started swapping resumes...it turns out his Grandfather used to own the music store I worked at, prior to my ex partner buying it...and was floored when I mentioned his uncle's name...it turns out I actually sat in as a baby sitter for his dad's brother way back when a female roommate got called out of town..
When I mentioned all I do now is mess with old speakers he said "Ya know, there is a bunch of grandpa's old stuff in the garage we want gone...."
I think you guys know where this is headed,,,,
I bought...
A pair of early 70's A7's, I think 500 models with 511 horns and N501 xovers...802D and 416A
2- Atec 8127 boxes...each has a pair of Altec 3127's which I am not familiar with..
2 - Altec 9444B amps....
And an oddball speaker that I think is a Community 3 way...
I haven't even fetched the stuff home...I am in BIG TROUBLE.
I might be able to keep the amps but I think the A7's are divorce material...and we ain't even married. But after 20 years a palimony suit is gonna be pretty easy. Trying to decide which I wanna keep more, the Altec stuff or my house...problem is I like both...
I'll try to get some help to fetch it home this weekend and post pics. If you see a bed in the garage in the pics you'll know where I am sleeping...
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Very nice![]()
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
Who said walking is good for your health?![]()
Ouch, ouch! You're killing me!!
I could give those A7s a happy home.
BTW "7 farmers, 3 chickens, and a cow." Not very prosperous farmers. No wonder they had to sell the good stuff.
Oh man , OG,,,
The problems we get ourselves into, even when we are being innocent....lol!!!!
sounds like you gotta helluva a dilemma that I wouldn't mind being in... awesome find, especially how "connected" everything was...
-chris

Everybody grows corn and soybeans round here.
Animals are grown for personal consumption, not much for the market. There are some dairy farms but not nearby.
We had to change the town's population sign today. Cow had a calf.
I may have to cut a deal with somebody on the A7's to keep my house.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Your neighbors called. They like your music.

I forgot...crappy cell phone pics..
![]()
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

What I think I got:
A pair of early 70's A7's, I think 500 models with 511 horns and N501 xovers...802D and 416A
2- Altec 8127 boxes...each has a pair of Altec 3127's which I am not familiar with..
2 - Altec 9444B amps....
And an oddball speaker that I think is a Community 3 way...
I dunno nuthin' bout 3127's I was hoping one of the younger fellows would chime in....
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...jmfyh9xHGhdz9w
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks